Of butterflies and teddy bears

My art table was put to use for some fun projects in December. I happily stumbled upon a library book about presents kids can make, and Lucy and I set to work making teddy bear button ornaments and butterfly coasters.

We used my great-grandmother's buttons for the ornaments, painting some and matching others. Then Lucy and I glued the buttons onto felt and I sewed around the edges. Each teddy bear had its own personality, and we were sad to say goodbye to them!


 For the coasters, I picked up some 4x4 tiles that a local tile shop was going to throw out. Lucy and I traced butterfly patterns onto contact paper, which we stuck onto the tiles. Then we sponge painted around them, and lifted off the contact paper once the paint was dry.



Comments

  1. I love the teddy bear ornaments! And I'm impressed with your thriftiness in finding those cool tiles. Love!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 4

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 8, Nest

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 5, bumps, colds, and beams of love