Notes from the (social) distance: Day 17, what I miss


Flowers in the light.
I've been noticing that I feel less comfortable writing when I'm feeling "negative" emotions like anger or sadness. I'm trying to push through that and honor all of my feelings, putting into practice that they are all valuable and worth expressing. Today I'm in a sad place- all is not well in the world, and I feel it deeply. (My logical mind wants to chip in to mention that things are never well in the world and there are always bad things going on. I get it, logical mind. Now can you go organize some index cards over there while I feel my feelings? Thanks). The virus is like a tsunami inching along, day by day. I hate the slowness of it- not being able to just get it all over with at once. I hate the "off-ness" of everything- all the normal parts of life stopped. I miss my petty little complaints about having too many errands to run or soccer carpooling taking forever. I miss hugging my Grandma and my friends. I miss the library (I love visiting all my book-friends there- it's one of my beloved safe spaces) and our local coffeeshop. I miss seeing the girls play outside with their friends. It feels good to write this all out; what do you miss?




Bright spots

My 2 flowers in the light.
* A few very sunny days this past week, when we could sit outside for lunch or to color in the afternoon

* Meeting virtually with my writing group- such an encouraging and life-giving time

* Celebrating my mom's birthday on zoom with a fun skit and brownies

* Glennon Doyle's instagram posts- she's been posting these "family meetings" which are so real and full of welcoming acceptance; especially loved the one where she expressed anger and declared: "all things in moderation...including family time!"

* Family walk in Lincoln along a lake

* Going on a flower treasure hunt at the arboretum with Clara


One of the treasures we found.

Comments

  1. I cannot imagine how this is for people who are total extroverts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brightness of the found treasure and the vibrant color of C's jacket as she explores.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 4

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 8, Nest

Necessary Nuisances