The art studio/nook

For awhile now I've been wanting a bigger space to work on art projects. Matt suggested making an art studio in the basement, which for awhile seemed impossible, mostly because our basement was such a disaster! But I finally gathered the strength (and motivation) to work on it, and am so excited about how it's shaping up. Here are some before and progress pictures- I've carved out a 12x12 area at the back left of the basement, next to a window. Hopefully after I hang curtains all around and set up the 2 small space heaters, it will be warm enough to use in the winter. Can't wait until it's all finished!


Before

Before


Progress: with Clara modelling- floor lamp, chair and footstool all courtesy of Craigslist.

Progress

Progress- I love the big window.

And here it is with the new rug and wall covering!
The red/orange pouf was a gift from my dad. I love how it pops against the navy rug.
This shot shows what still needs to be done- hanging curtains on the two open sides, and putting up fabric on the ceiling to hide the yellow insulation and pipes.
And just for fun, here's a shot of a few little guys on the ledge by the window. Platypus, aardvark and owl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 4

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 8, Nest

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 5, bumps, colds, and beams of love