Nurturing the life within (literally!)


So the subtitle for my blog was inspired by a comment a good friend of mine made when I was pregnant with our first. I was complaining about how I was so tired/sick all the time and didn't feel like I "had a life" and she replied, "well, right now you're nurturing the life within". That was so beautiful and encouraging for me to hear. I then adapted her comment to the purpose of this blog, with the idea that these posts on beauty/life/truth can nurture my inner (emotional, spiritual, intellectual, etc) life. And it has very much been doing so.

However...the sudden drop in posting has been due to some literal inner-life nurturing that's been going on. Namely, I'm pregnant again! We're expecting our second (a girl) in January. The morning sickness for the first few months felt worse this time than before. Thankfully that's all faded away, and now I'm just plain tired. It's been a struggle for me to accept my limitations- that I need to take a nap during the day and go to bed early, and that therefore I have very little time to myself these days.

Yet this blog really does nourish me, so as much as possible I'll continue posting through these coming months.

I'll leave you with a description of a cartoon (sadly I can't find it online) that I saw once, and which reminds me of the duality I describe in this post. (I should note that this may only appeal to certain types of humor!)

There's a dinosaur with a clearly child-shaped bulge in its middle, standing in front of a bookstore's display window. The book he's looking at is titled, "Digesting Your Inner Child". :)

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Elizabeth! Sorry it's got to be so hard while we're in the middle of the most amazing things... but I'm glad the sickness is over at least! Looking forward to more updates : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 4

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 8, Nest

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 5, bumps, colds, and beams of love