My new office nook

The last few weeks have brought a number of changes. Our second little light has started preschool (she was so ready and is doing great!), and I've ramped up to working close to part-time for my freelance editing job. At the same time, I've increased my creative time to one hour/day, with the hopes of getting up to 2 hours/day soon. It's taking me a little while to adjust to the new schedule: I've been going to bed earlier so I can get up early and write morning pages ala The Artist's Way, and the week days generally feel busier. But overall it feels like a change in the right direction.

Working at the library or coffee shop was no longer ideal, with my longer hours, so I carved out a space for myself in the 3rd floor office. It's become my morning pages/freelance work spot, and I love it. It gets lots of sun in the mornings.

I had the crazy fun idea to buy a bunch of satin ribbon at the local 5 & 10, to hang instead of curtains.

Ribbons and more ribbons!


The view from my window, with just two ribbons hung- I just looped them over the curtain rod and used a small piece of scotch tape to secure where they overlapped. (Yes, that's one of the 8 HUGE houses they are building next door to us- we are not fans of them, but I love the sky overhead).
I've set up my rocking chair and footstool in the dormer area. I've finally realized that I don't like working at a desk, and that I really value sitting in a comfortable chair.
The bookshelf next to my rocking chair- lots of color!
And here are my ribbon curtains! It's hard to capture their beauty in photos.
They are so fun and bright and cheerful, they make me smile each time I come upstairs.

The fruit of some recent creative time.

And another one. Both are about 2 1/2 feet square. These make me smile too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 4

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 8, Nest

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 5, bumps, colds, and beams of love