Listen and gaze

I love how much beauty there is in the world, and how easy it is to find and take in. Mostly all you need to do is to stop and look. It reminds me of the excerpt of a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning:

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees takes off his shoes.
The rest sit by and pluck blackberries.

Here are a few glimpses of some common bushes afire...

Night sounds from the woods behind our house. I love the little tree frogs that chirp (or whatever the right word is for what they do) every evening starting in the spring. It's a very peaceful, summery sound.

Brook music. I always think of brooks as friendly; I'm not sure why, but I do.

And for the finale, mesmerizing sun ripples.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 4

Notes from the (social) distance: Day 8, Nest

Necessary Nuisances